- I’m working on several long-term projects that combine my writing and photography. Human relationships with other animal species remain central to all of my work, but these new projects will also contemplate culture and landscape.
Part of this body of work consists of vignettes, short texts paired with a photo. One of these also appeared on City Creatures. Check it out via Hungry Hyaena.
- I’m also beginning work on a new body of limited edition prints that I’m tentatively describing as “poster projects.” I’ll share these here once they’re ready to leave the studio.
- An essay about the relationship of art and science appears in the October 2015 issue of Art Practical. Link through Hungry Hyaena to read it.
- An essay about my coming to terms with a 2010 cross-country move from New York City to San Francisco (and the animal species that helped me to do so) appeared on The Center For Humans & Nature blog, City Creatures, in June 2015. Link through Hungry Hyaena to read it.
- BAASICS.6: The Edge Effect is now viewable on the BAASICS YouTube channel. The June 2015 program was produced in partnership with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Pacific Division and San Francisco State University, and was made possible by support from the Zellerbach Family Foundation, the Crosswicks Foundation, and charitable donations.
- To keep up to date with all things BAASICS, sign up for the BAASICS mailing list or follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter.